- What to expect from a 1 and ½ inch barrel:
- Best 1 1/2 inch curling iron for Straight, silky, fine/thin hair:
- Best 1 1/2 inch curling iron for Straight To Wavy, Normal, Medium (not too thick nor thin) Hair
- Best 1 1/2 inch curling iron for thick, coarse, dry and curly hair:
What to expect from a 1 and ½ inch barrel:
It is a relatively big barrel but it can create bouncy voluminous curls for medium to long hair. Run your finger through the curls to loosen up if you want to add more body. If you take thin sections, then you can do spiral waves, but you can’t get tight kinky corkscrew curls with this barrel.
- It can create bouncy voluminous curls for medium hair
- Spiral waves can be achieved by curling thin sections
Best suited for:
1 and ½ inch curling iron is best suited for extra-long to past shoulder medium length of hair. You can get voluminous curls to loose waves or use it to add body to your poker straight hair. Don’t expect tight corkscrew springy curls with this barrel size.
Not suitable for:
Not useful or appropriate for short-haired people. It will not give them any benefit other than volume. However on short hair, too much volume may look odd and cheap.
Best 1 1/2 inch curling iron for Straight, silky, fine/thin hair:
This type of hair doesn’t hold lasting curls without heat, but if you are not careful, it may get damaged due to the overexposure to high temperature. Thus, Hot Tools Professional 1102 Curling Iron with Multi-Heat Control; Big Bumper 1-1/2″ is the best choice for the straight, silky, fine/thin hair type.
The 24 k gold barrel heats up evenly eliminating hot spots and makes the curls lustrous and shiny. Start curling at the roots as firmly as possible for long-lasting curls and spray the curls with setting spray too. This curling iron gets hot in 60 seconds and stays hot due to its patented technology. The multi-heat settings let you control the heat for your particular needs. Always check the manual for direction about your particular hair type before you start curling and use the recommended heat. It’s safe to start with the lowest setting and then gradually go up but for straight silky fine/thin hair should not go more than 200° Fahrenheit. Silky fine hairs are easily damaged so you need to be extra careful. If there’s no instruction, you may call the helpline of the curling iron. Spring clamps don’t let your silky hair slip away while long tangle free swivel cord, extra-long cool tip, and comfortable grip help you handle the curling iron better. This excellent curling iron is available in 8 different sizes to cater to all your styling needs.
The key features of 1 1/2 inch curling are listed below,
- Patented Pulse Technology™ for ‘Gets Hot. Stays Hot’ performance
- 24K gold – plated smooth barrel for shiny and glossy curls
- Due to the extra sleek surface of the barrel, hair doesn’t get torn by sticking or snagging
- 85 watts for fast heat up to 430 F or (220 C)
- Variable heat settings with built-in rheostat control up to 430 degrees
- Saves the last heat setting in its memory
- Soft-Grip™ textured handle
- Powerful spring clamp, as well as two replacement spring, clamps included
- Heavy-duty long-life heating element
- Foldaway safety stand
- Extra-long cool tip to avoid burning finger tips
- 8-ft. heavy-duty tangle-proof swivel cord for convenience
- Solid-state circuitry ensuring safety
- Weight: 1.5 pounds approx.
- 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
- Unbeatable Price: $30.71
Best 1 1/2 inch curling iron for Straight To Wavy, Normal, Medium (not too thick nor thin) Hair
Hot Tools Professional 2102 Ceramic Titanium Professional Curling Iron, 1-1/2″ is the best 1 and a half inch curling iron for regular straight to wavy medium hair. This type of hair is neither thick nor thin. For this medium thickness, it is the perfect hair type to try out different styles. However, it doesn’t mean you can be careless. To form lasting curls medium hair needs more heat, but repeated exposure to harsh heat will make your hair dull and lifeless. Thus, to save your hair from becoming dry, rough and frizzy, we suggest the Hot Tools Professional 2102 Ceramic Titanium Professional Curling Iron, 1-1/2.”
Other hair curling iron starts heating the hair from outside slowly reaching to the center causing dryness and roughness. Ceramic releases far-infrared heat starting at the center working on hair from inside out preserving natural moisture of the hair while Tourmaline emits negative ions to lock the hair cuticle to make your hair smoother and shinier. It will give you lasting voluminous curls while keeping your hair healthy and hydrated.
The key features of the Hot Tools Professional 2102 Ceramic Titanium Professional Curling Iron, 1 and 1/2″ is listed below,
- Advanced ceramic and tourmaline combo barrel: Ceramic generates far-infrared heat, protecting natural moisture of the hair from drying and Tourmaline emits negative ions making hair shinier and smoother
- Patented Pulse Technology for ‘gets hot & stays hot’ performance, Extra Hold-Constant high heat means all curls are formed at the same temperature, providing long-lasting, consistent hold
- Rheostat heat control up to 430F to get lasting curls
- Comfortable soft grip handles with Extra-long cool tip for efficient handling
- 8ft swivel cord for tangle-free operation for convenience
- Includes two extra easy-to-replace springs just in case
- Weight: not too heavy, 1.5 pounds approx.
- Manufacturer’s warranty can be requested from customer service
- Reasonable Price: $32.95
Best 1 1/2 inch curling iron for thick, coarse, dry and curly hair:
Infiniti Pro by Conair Nano Tourmaline Ceramic Curling Iron – 1-½ Inch is the best 1 and ½ inch curling iron for thick coarse and curly hair. To control this type of hair you need some powerful tool but which is gentle at the same time. For this reason, we have selected this Nano Tourmaline Ceramic 1-1/2-Inch curling iron by Conair.
The ceramic tourmaline combination eliminates frustrating frizz creating shiny, glossy curls without damaging your hair. It is hot in just 30 seconds, heats up evenly reducing hot spot, and the constant heat recovery maintains an even temperature. It also has 5-temperature heat setting reaching up to 400°F/205 degree Celsius approximately. It comes with 5 years of warranty which indicates its extra-long life.
The key features of the Nano Tourmaline Ceramic 1-1/2-Inch Curling Iron are given below,
- 24-hour curl control, even in humidity
- Nano technology eliminates hot spots and reduces static and frizz for healthy hair
- Extra-smooth tourmaline ceramic surface for durable and superior performance ensuring sleek and shiny curls
- 400°F highest heat setting for longer lasting curls and waves
- The Uniform heat recovery maintains a constant temperature at ultra-high heat levels
- Five precision heat settings to have a better control
- Cool tip to conveniently handle the curling iron without burning your fingertips
- Auto shut off after 1 hour
- Has protective heat shield for safe and easy storage
- Weight: 1.5 pounds approximately, not too heavy
- Warranty: Limited five years warranty
- Unbeatable Price: $19.97 shipping