The term “Loose Waves” is pertained with hairstyling facts and it is considered to be one of the most exoteric hairstyles of present trends. Nowadays this particular hairstyle has achieved sky-high popularity.
This hairstyle is an evolved form of curls, or you can simply note it as soft curls. It is a kind of hairstyle which is both curly and messy but also not too curly or too messy. Don’t get puzzled. Let me clear you. This particular hairstyle is an S-shaped curl pattern that lies somewhere in between straights and curls. It resembles the stretched marks of a forthwith mother. In short loose wave is
- an S-shaped hairstyle
- soft waved
- sprouted basically from curls
Table of Contents
Are loose waves for you?
According to most of the hair experts, short hairs are not suitable for loose waves. If you will style your short hair with loose waves, there is a distinct possibility of witnessing no effect on your looks. Short hairs are too short to adopt this hairstyle.
So, it looks like this hairstyle is reserved for medium and long, thick and thin hairs.
Considering your facial shape, round and oval-shaped faces are perfect for loose waves. It covers your face, and your extra chin gets invisible. But the heart-shaped, and the diamond-shaped faces are not appropriate for loose waves.
ABCs of Conducting A Bewitching Gadget (Curling Iron)
You must follow few what to do’s and what not to-dos in a case of using a curling iron. You are bound to follow them to get your desired results. So here you go with some basic instructions to get the best loose waves:
- First, plug in your curling iron and set the temperature according to your desired wavelength. As you are styling your hairs with loose waves, so you have to adjust the temperature range between 250°F and 350°F.
- If you have thick hair, divide your hairs into four sections. Use a heat protector so that your hair won’t get damaged due to extra heat. You may use Tresemme Keratin Smooth Heat Protection Shine Spray. It’s doing good in a market nowadays. And if you have thin hair, just repeat the process by dividing your strands into two sections.
- Take each section and apply your curling iron according to your desired wave. It depends on your choice of the areas where you want the waves. So, this right step is at your liberty. But make sure about using a hair spray. You may use Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray as it helps to keep your curls set for a long.
- Gently brush your curls with a hair comb. Here, you saw the differences? Just make sure to maintain the particular steps, and you can also enjoy your elegant look with perfect loose waves.
Warning: Using a heat protector is mandatory. Otherwise, you may face some serious hair burning issues.
Features to Consider Before Buying
To make a good purchase, you must ensure some vital features for your curling iron.
- Temperature: Temperature is a significant factor for loose waves. The ideal temperature for loose waves is from 250 to 350°F. If you reduce the temperature, you may end up having merely straight hairs. And if you increase the heat, you may burn your hair. So, temperature is a vital fact.
- Material: You must check for the materials with which your curling gadget is made with. For appropriate loose waves, your curling iron must ensure being ceramic plated. Ceramic is essential for waves. Loose waves make your hairs a bit freezy but using ceramic plated curling iron can alleviate this problem. But products built with other materials such as Titanium or Gold can’t help it. So, Ceramic plated gadget is essential.
- Barrel Width: Wavelength between 1 to 2 inches is compulsory for loose waves. The length should be maintained. Wavelength less than 1 inch will make your waves more curly. It will appear as spiral curls. Again wavelength more than 2 inches will appear as merely straight hairs. So, you must check if the barrel’s size is between 1 to 2 inches.
Our Top Picks
- Ceramic barrels
- S1 rotating curling irons
- Temperature range: 290°F -410°F
- Barrel length .5 to 1 inch
- Digital temperature clock
- Weight: 12.3 oz, ceramic rod- 5.5.”
- one-year warranty
- ETL listed
- Temperature range: 200°F -400°F
- Ceramic plated barrels including five different types
- Nine settings temperature control
- Barrel range: .75″ to 1.5″
- Enabled with 60 minutes auto shut off function
- Ceramic tourmaline plated barrels
- Temperature range: 200°F to 410°F
- Weight: 1.8 pound
- Barrel range: 1.5″ to 2″
The products mentioned above are just perfect for loose waves. So, ladies grab your product according to your budget and needs and flaunt your beautiful hair. And give justice to your purchase.
Last update on 2021-09-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API