In a market full of curling irons from several different brands, why should you even consider buying a Revlon curling iron?
That’s because Revlon offers incredible quality curling tools at the most budget-friendly price range; it uses the same technology, same materials and other similar components as many high-end curling tools to produce the same quality curls and waves in your locks at a much less price tag.
Moreover, even after producing excellent quality styling results, Revlon tried to keep the vibe of its curling irons playful and vibrant, and hence, they introduced colorful and lightweight curling tools that would surely attract customer’s gaze as soon as they have a sight of the tools.
This article will act as a complete guide and help you to find the Best Revlon curling iron based on your hair type and hair length; we also included the best travel curling tool and waver in this article so that you find out about every Revlon curling and waving iron in one place for extra convenience.
Short Summary of Revlon Curling Irons
In this section, we will try to give you a few brief yet distinctive ideas about the Revlon curling irons that we consider as the best.
• 1 ¼ inch (31.75mm)
• ½ inch (12.7m)
• ¾ inch (19mm)
• 1-inch (25.4mm)
• 1 ¼ inch (31.5mm)
• 1 ½ inch (38mm)
• ¾ inch and 1 ¼ inch
• 1 ¼ inch (31.75mm)
• ½ inch (12.7m)
• ¾ inch (19mm)
• 1-inch (25.4mm)
• 1 ¼ inch (31.5mm)
• 1 ½ inch (38mm)
• ¾ inch and 1 ¼ inch
Overview of Revlon
Based in New York City, Revlon Inc. is an American multinational company that manufactures and sells various cosmetics, skincare, haircare, fragrance, and various beauty and hair styling tools. Founded in 1932 by brothers Charles and Joseph Revson, along with chemist CR Lachman, Revlon just manufactured one product; a nail enamel.
Over years, Revlon has established itself as one of the global leaders in the cosmetic industry with a huge variety of diversified products and a market that is spread over 100 countries across six continents.
Market competitors of Revlon Curling Irons
Even though Revlon is an established brand, its curling irons still face strong competition from other brands, like Hot tools, Babyliss PRO, Conair, and Sultra to name a few.
The prominent features and aspects that make Revlon curling irons popular and “worthy of spending money on” are described below. Therefore, keep on reading and find out the features that make these tools extremely lucrative among customers:
Colorful, alluring outlook
To make the curlers more youthful and vibrant, Revlon introduced new color schemes, like bright pink and purple, aside from its regular black and silver hues; this bright color not only ensures beautiful, extraordinary outlook but at the same time makes sure to attract the customers’ attention as soon as they have a sight of these curling tools. Moreover, this alluring outlook of these curlers also adds glamour and edge to your dressing area.
Other Styling Tools You May Love in 2021
- The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Ultra-Thin hair straightener has a slim design that helps eliminate hand fatigue while increasing styling flexibility. Create pin-straight styles with this fast-performing flat iron.
- High heat levels provide excellent straightening results while Nano Titanium technology protects hair from damage.
- Use this Nano Titanium flat iron to smooth & straighten hair. Can also be used to create loose, beachy waves.
- Nano titanium plates
- Emits negative ions and maximum far-infrared heat for fast, gentle straightening without damaging hair
- Ion Hot rollers brough to you by Calista Tools
- Less time, Less effort/ Short Length Style set
- Body, Wave & Curl
- Every rollers is made with the technology of infrared rays, wave motion and 32 minerals baked into the plastic (not coat in top)
Uses various technology and construction material
Keeping in mind about the need and care of different hair types, Revlon incorporated different types of technologies and construction materials in its curling irons so that every potential user out there finds a curling tool suitable for their hair type and length.
The technologies used by Revlon are:
- Ionic technology
- Infrared Emission
Both of these technologies are extremely beneficial for hairs and that’s why Revlon incorporated either or both this mechanism in all its curling tools to keep hairs healthy and salon-like shiny.
And, the materials they used for construction and coatings are:
- Tourmaline Ceramic
- 24k Gold
All these materials have very significant properties and results on different hair types, and Revlon, being a true hair care company, used these coating carefully on its different curling barrels to suit different types of hairs.
Available in different size and style of barrels
to meet the demands of both long hair and short hairs as well as different types of tresses, Revlon manufactures its curling irons with different size and style of barrels; from a ¾ to a 1 ½ inch barrel, there are plenty of sizes to choose from to create different types of curls and waves in your lustrous locks.
Moreover, Revlon also manufactures two types of barrels for its curling tools, one a regular cylindrical barrel and the other is a Brush barrel which has tangle-free nylon bristles that can create large curls and waves with the most natural-looking finish.
All the Revlon curling irons incorporate a fast heat-up mechanism that heats-up the barrel with the required amount of heat in just 30 seconds. Such a fast and quick heating up process reduces your waiting time as well as cuts down curling time also.
Each hair is different and so is their requirement; also the amount of heat you want to transfer in your hair varies among individuals. Keep all these aspects in mind, Revlon’s curling irons come with maximum 30 different heat settings and can provide up to 425°F of heat so that the users have the freedom to choose between different heat levels that suite their hair type the best.
Quick Heat Recovery System
To make sure that your curling iron never cools off during your styling process, Revlon incorporated a Heat Recovery System to all its curling irons which can diagnose heat loss from the barrel surface super quickly and restores it in seconds to cut down curling time by several minutes and to also ensure uniform styling.
Separate on/off switch
All the Revlon curling tools come with conveniently placed, separate on/off switch to make users experience more delightful. Separate switch ensures that you know which switch to press and when; with a single switch, it is more likely that you might press the switch twice and instead of turning on, you have never started the machine.
Red light indicator
Revlon installed a red light in all of its curling tools that work as an indicator when the machine is “ON”. This red indicator makes the machine more secure and safe as you know when the tool is on and hot and can handle it with the utmost attention.
Auto Shut-off feature for added security
Normally, you might forget to turn off the curling iron after using it before going out; a “tuned on” machine can cause severe electrical damage and can even start a fire. To protect you from such incidents, Revlon included the auto-shutoff feature to all its curling tools so that after 60 minutes of un-attendance, the machine will automatically turn off ensuring your safety and security.
Most of the models come with the dual voltage feature
The dual voltage features make any tool truly international; and as Revlon has a worldwide fan base, it installed the dual voltage feature in most of its curling irons so that not only users can travel with these tools without having to carry any extra voltage converters but also customers from abroad can buy these irons to use them in their home country.
All the Revlon Curling tools come with swivel cords
A swivel end makes sure that your cord doesn’t get tangled while you use a tool, and to provide its customers with this tangle-free advantage, Revlon added a swivel cord to all its curling irons to make using as well as storing the curling tool extremely easy and convenient.
Affordable price range
Budget-friendly price always attracts customers immensely, and knowing this fact very well, Revlon tried to keep the price of all its curling irons affordable and within reach so that its users can enjoy the best of styling results at an economical price tag.
Instruction manual with every piece of the curling iron
You might damage your curling machine or burn your precious tresses if you don’t have enough information about your new curling tool; but with a Revlon curler, you never have to face lack of information as it included an instruction manual, with every little detail about the tool, with each of its curlers so that before using you have all the facts and safety information right.
Up to 4 Year Limited Warranty
Revlon believes in outstanding customer care services and that’s why they provide maximum 4 Year Limited Warranty to its curling irons to not only ensures the durability of its tools but also to assure the users that Revlon would take full responsibility if anything happens to the machine during this period.
The few negative aspects that these popular curling irons suffer from are:
- Doesn’t offer a great variety of curling irons: Unlike many of its strong market contenders, Revlon Hair Care has a very limited curling iron range to offer to its customers; this restricts customer choice and the buyer might likely switch to another brand to buy a curling iron of their choice.
- None of the models comes with a 2-inch barrel: 2-inch barrels are excellent in creating voluminous curls in long hairs, but none of the curling iron models of Revlon comes with a 2-inch diameter barrel causing severe customers dissatisfaction.
- Revlon discontinued manufacturing many of its curling irons: At the beginning of their business, Revlon manufactured a whole lot of different curling iron models for its customers; but over years, many of these models, like the Revlon CurlStay Titanium Curling Iron, the Extreme Impact Curling Iron and the Rose Gold Professional Curling Iron, extinct from the market leaving only a few for Revlon’s users to choose from.
- Most models don’t include a thermal glove: A thermal glove ensures that your hand remains safe and protected from the super high heat of the curling iron, and few of Revlon’s curling tools come with a thermal glove for added safety for its users. But it causes severe customers annoyance as all the models don’t include a heat-protectant glove for the extra security they would like to enjoy during the styling process.
- All the irons don’t come with a long cord: Long cords give freedom to the user to move around easily while using the curling machine. But not all the Revlon irons come with long cords attached to them; the lack of a super long cord might cause users dismay as they have to stand beside the plug point the whole time of while using the ironing tool.
- Few models are available in the UK but not in the USA: Many popular models, like the REVLON Pro Collection Salon Long-Last Curls and Waves Styler – RVIR1159, are very much accessible in the UK market but are not available the USA market for its local customer to buy.
Our recommended Revlon curling irons
We have mentioned earlier that Revlon manufactures a huge variety of hair curling irons and it would be tough to just recommend one product suitable for all hair types. So what we did is categorize hair types and then suggested the best Revlon curling iron for each category so that you can find your desired tool easily.
Revlon Pro Collection Long Lasting Curls RVIR1143 Curling Iron – for fine/thin hairs
We recommend this curling iron not for its beautiful, feminine outlook, but because of its outstanding functionality; the tourmaline ceramic constructed barrel of this curling iron along with an advanced heating mechanism delivers adequate amount of heat to curl and wave the fine hairs super gently while the ionic generator inside the machine releases plenty of negative ions (6 times more than the regular Ceramic Barrels) to the tresses to protect them from burning and also to lock in the natural moisture for silky, smooth, frizz-free hairs. To add more, these 6x more ions lock in 20x more moisture and nourishment to the hairs making this barrel material superior over the other materials for fine/thin hairs.
Moreover, this PRO COLLECTION curling tool comes with 2 different sized barrels of 1-inch and 1 ¼ inch that not only makes this curler model suitable for both long and short hairs but at the same time can also create different types curls and waves in your fine tresses that hold up to more than 16 hours straight.
There are so many curling tools specially made for fine/thin hairs available in the market and below, we have compared this Revlon PRO COLLECTION curling iron with some of its strong competitors to indicate why we think that this curling tool is the best in the lot.
|Properties||Revlon Pro Collection Long Lasting Curls RVIR1143 Curling Iron||BeQool Automatic Ceramic, Steam Hair Curler||The Beachwaver Beach Waver Pro Curling Iron|
|Technology: Ionic, Steam technology||Ionic technology||Steam technology||Ionic technology|
|Materials: Ceramic, Ceramic tourmaline or tourmaline ceramic||Tourmaline Ceramic||Ceramic||Ceramic|
|Heat Settings: Low||High and low (30 heat settings)||Low (3 heat settings)||High (Multiple heat settings)|
|Available sizes||2 Sizes||1 Size||2 sizes|
|Suitable for short hairs: Barrel of 1 inch or less diameter||Yes||No||Yes|
|Suitable for long hairs: Barrel of more than 1-inch diameter||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Price Range||Less than $50 Dollars||More than $50 Dollars||More than $100 Dollars|
From the above table, it is very clear that we have solid reason for choosing the Revlon PRO COLLECTION as our champion; the BeQool Automatic curler is quite heavyweight and it doesn’t have a size suitable for shorter hairs, whereas, The Beachwaver Pro lacks a low-temperature settings which are considered as a “must-have” feature for fine hairs. Besides, both these curlers would cost you more than the Revlon’s one.
Few additional features of the Revlon Pro Collection Long Lasting Curls Curling Iron
- Sleek, feminine outlook; comes in alluring hot pink and purple colors
- The Soft-Feel™, ergonomic handle is extremely comfortable and provides a non-slip grip
- The machine heats up to 425°F of Professional High Heat
- The 30 heat settings provide the freedom to choose between different temperatures
- The switch makes it easier to change between temperature effortlessly
- Comes with auto shut-off feature for maximum safety and worry-free usage
- The swivel end makes the cord entirely tangle-free
- Revlon offers 4 Year Limited Warranty to ensure durability and great customer service
Revlon RVIR1020BLU Titanium Styling Curling Iron – for thick hairs
We have recommended this Rvir1020blu curling iron for thick hairs not because it is the only titanium made curling machine from Revlon but because of its functionality and the quality of curls, it creates in thick tresses.
The titanium barrel of this curling iron heats up to maximum 400 degrees Fahrenheit in just 30 seconds which is enough amount of heat to curl and wave thick, frizz-prone hairs effortlessly. Moreover, the energy from infrared emission transfers heat even inside the hair shafts to style them inside out without causing any burns and damage.
Another amazing feature of this curling tool is its quick heat recovery system; this technology can sense any heat loss from the barrel surface and quickly recovers the heat to maintain the temperature for even curling results.
We have compiled and compared some of the few of the best curling irons available in the market, including this Revlon Titanium Styling Iron so that you can understand our logic and reasons for choosing the Rvir1020blu tool over the others.
|Properties||Revlon RVIR1020BLU Titanium Styling Curling Iron||Bio Ionic Goldpro Curling Iron||Infiniti Pro By Conair Curl Secret 2|
|Technology: Ionic, Infrared emission||Ionic Technology And Infrared Emission||Ionic Technology||Ionic technology|
|Material: Titanium, Tourmaline, Gold||Titanium||24K Gold||Titanium ceramic|
|Heat Settings: High||High and low (30 heat settings)||High and low (Digital heat settings)||High (2 heat settings)|
|Available Sizes||1 size||2 Sizes||2 sizes (interchangeable)|
|Suitable for short hairs: Barrel of 1 inch or less diameter||Yes||Yes||No|
|Suitable for long hairs: Barrel of more than 1-inch diameter||No||Yes||Yes|
|Price Range||Less than $50 Dollars||More than $50 Dollars||More than $50 Dollars|
From the above table, it is very clear that all these 3 curling irons have very similar components and configurations. But what made us chose the Revlon Rvir1020blu over the others is the price point; despite having the same technologies and materials and producing the same results, the BIO IONIC and the Conair Curling Irons are expensively priced. Also, the Curl Secret doesn’t create curls in shorts hairs which is a shame considering the price point.
Few additional features of the Revlon RVIR1020BLU Titanium Styling Curling Iron
- Titanium construction ensures long-lasting durability of the iron
- Come with a silicon cover for added safety as well as easy storage
- Spring barrel holds the hair locks tightly in place
- Ergonomically designed handle assure comfortable, non-slip grip
- Red light indicator and auto-shutoff feature makes the machine more secure for use
- The cool tip makes the iron safer for users
- Comes with dual voltage feature for international use
Revlon Perfect Heat Long Lasting Curls RV050 Curling Iron – best for travel
Travel-friendly hair tools must be lightweight and have dual voltage feature, and the PERFECT HEAT® curling iron series serves you with both these qualities; it is extremely lightweight and the worldwide voltage feature makes this iron truly international, you don’t need to carry any extra voltage converter while you pack for your trip.
Aside from its amazing travel qualities, this PERFECT HEAT® curling iron also comes with few other extraordinary features; it incorporates a barrel with a triple ceramic coating that heats up to a maximum of 400°F and also spreads the heat evenly to every hair strands to curl them properly.
Moreover, this PERFECT HEAT curling iron model comes with several different brush sizes and styles for you to choose from; from a ½ inch to 1 ½ inch normal cylindrical barrel or a ¾ inch to 1 ¼ inch brush barrel, you can select anyone according to your hair length and other styling requirements.
Also, Revlon included a silicon heat shield with this curling tool that not only ensures the safety of the user from a hot barrel but at the same time protects the barrel itself from any scratches and dents.
Below, we have compared this Revlon curling iron with a few other travel-friendly tools to justify our selection:
|Properties||Revlon Perfect Heat Long Lasting Curls RV050 Curling Iron||Infiniti Pro by Conair Platinum Curling Iron||Remington CI5238 Instant Curls Ceramic Hair Curling Iron|
|Technology||Ionic technology||Ionic technology||Ionic technology|
|Heat settings||High and low (30 heat settings)||Low (4 heat settings)||Low (30 heat settings)|
|Available sizes||7 Sizes||2 Sizes||1 size|
|Weight: Preferably less than 1 pound||0.91 pounds||2.5 pounds||0.8 pounds|
Even after incorporating similar configuration and aspects, we choose the Revlon PERFECT HEAT® curling iron over the other two because of the weight and dual voltage feature; the Conair Platinum Curling Iron is quite heavy whereas the Remington CI5238 Curling Iron doesn’t have a dual voltage feature.
Few additional features of the Revlon Perfect Heat Long Lasting Curls RV050 Curling Iron:
- Provides 30 seconds super-fast heat up to a maximum temperature of 400°F
- Maintains constant heat throughout the styling process for even results
- Comes with a thermal glove to protect the users from a high amount of heat
- The swivel cord is tangle- free and easy to store
- Separate on/off switch makes it extremely easy to operate
- The auto-shutoff feature makes this tool even more safe and secure
- Backed up by 3 Year Limited Warranty
Revlon Jumbo 3 Barrel Hair Waver for Deep Waves RV084C Curling Iron – for perfect waves
As we have mentioned before, Revlon not only manufactures curling irons but also markets some specialty tools, one of which is this unique Jumbo 3 Barrel Hair Waver which was specially designed to create the most natural-looking beachy waves quickly yet perfectly. The extra-wide barrels assure you to form the deepest and softest waves in your tresses.
The barrels of this waver are made from a combination of tourmaline and ceramic so that it waves the hairs gently without causing any burns and hot spots. Moreover, the barrels are designed to heat up quickly to the highest temperature of 420º F that would not only quicken the styling process but at the same time will also create extraordinary waves that would last for at least 14 hours.
Few additional features of the Revlon Jumbo 3 Barrel Hair Waver for Deep Waves RV084C Curling Iron
- Incorporates 30 different heat settings to choose according to your need
- The handle includes a dial switch for effortless changing between different temperatures
- The spring handle holds on to hair locks securely for outstanding waves
- Comes with a red indicator light for more convenience
- Incorporates a locking switch for easy yet secure storage
- The rocker switch makes it super-easy to turn on and off the machine
- Revlon provides 3 Year Limited Warranty for this tool
- Comes with a very affordable price range
Then again, if you are not comfortable with such a jumbo hair styler, you can go for the much lighter and smaller versions of this 3 Barrel Hair Waver; the Revlon Hair Waver for Long Lasting Waves and the Revlon Salon Deep Hair Waver for Long Lasting Waves. Even though the barrels of these tools are constructed from tourmaline ceramic, both of these wavers have similar features and functionality and produce the same quality waves as the Jumbo Waver.
Revlon Nutrifusion Conditioning Curling Iron
This Nutrifusion Curling Iron is infused with moringa, argan, and macadamia and has a triple conditioning system that conditions your hairs while you style your hair. But, even after having such a unique feature, we didn’t recommend this curling iron only because:
The controls of this iron are not very conveniently placed for effortless styling; the on/off switch and temperature controls are located exactly where you would hold the iron and you might end up turning off the machine if you are not super attentive. This is a major designing flaw from Revlon’s end.
Moreover, because of this inconvenience, curling and waving hairs would take an extensive amount of time compared to other Revlon curling tools.
Revlon is committed to delivering the best products and services to its customers and its curling irons are no less; all the tools that we have discussed and described above delivers all the features that they have promised to their users and more. So, we think that you won’t be disappointed after buying a curling iron from Revlon as they provide results more than your money’s worth.
Revlon Perfect Heat 1-3/4 inch Curling Iron Review
Last update on 2021-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API