The 1-inch curling iron is the most versatile curling iron and everybody can get some benefits with this one. It can create volume for short hair, posh waves to loose, bouncy curls for medium hair, and spirals or retro curls for longer hair. Run your fingers through the curls to loosen up if you want to add more body and tousled waves. Can’t get tight kinky corkscrew curls with this barrel but can fashion well-defined spirals.
- It can create body and volume for short hair
- It can create bouncy, voluminous curls for past shoulder medium hair
- Curl thin section for well-defined spirals on medium to long hair
- Will create retro curls, well defined to tousled waves on longer hair
1 inch is the ideal barrel size for almost every length and type of hair. You can get full retro style curls to defined beach waves. Curl thinner sections to get spirals or ringlets. It’s worth having it at home for an occasional makeover without spending on a salon the risk of chemical treatment or if you are not interested in cutting your hair but needs to freshen up your style.
Our Top Picks
Best for: Straight, silky, fine/thin hair
- Patented Pulse Technology™ for ‘Gets Hot. Stays Hot’ performance
- 24k gold – plated smooth barrel for shiny and glossy curls
- Due to the extra sleek surface of the barrel, hair doesn’t get torn by sticking or snagging
- 85 watts for fast heat up to 430°F or (220°C)
- Variable heat settings with built-in rheostat control up to 430°F
- Saves the last heat setting in its memory, so you don’t have to remember
- Soft-Grip™ textured handle
- Powerful spring clamp, as well as two replacement spring clamps, included
- A heavy-duty long-life heating element
- Foldaway safety stand
- Extra-long cool tip to avoid burning fingertips
- 8-ft. heavy-duty tangle-proof swivel cord for convenience
- Solid-state circuitry ensuring safety
- Weight: 1.5 pounds approximately, lightweight
- 1-year limited manufacturer’s warranty
The best 1-inch curling iron for straight silky, fine/thin hair is Hot Tools Professional 1181 Curling Iron with multi-heat control. This type of hair is very delicate and gets crinkled when overexposed to heat for long. However, creating lasting curls on this hair type without heat is not possible thus you need a curling iron that can balance it well. Only a professional tool such as Hot Tools can be trusted for damage-free styling on this type of hair.
The 24k gold sleek barrel heats up instantly and evenly eliminating hot spots. Its ceramic + tourmaline heating technology doesn’t fry your hair. Ceramic heats gently and uniformly preserving hair’s natural moisture while tourmaline seals the cuticle for lustrous and smoother curls.
Always check the instructions for your particular hair, type in the manual before you start curling and use the recommended heat. It’s safe to start with the lowest setting and then gradually go up but for straight silky fine/thin hair, you shouldn’t have to go more than 200°F. Silky fine hair can easily be damaged so you need to be extra careful. For best result start curling at the roots as firmly as possible and lightly spray the curls with setting spray for long-lasting curls.
The multi-heat settings let you control the heat for your particular needs. Spring clamps don’t let your silky hair slip away while long tangle-free swivel cord, extra-long cool tip, and comfortable grip help you handle the curling iron better. This fantastic curling iron is available in the following sizes to cater to all your styling needs.
Best for: Normal straight to wavy medium hair
- Advanced ceramic and titanium combo barrel
- Patented Pulse Technology for ‘gets hot & stays hot’ performance, Extra Hold-Constant high heat means all curls are formed at the same temperature, providing long-lasting, consistent hold
- Rheostat heat control up to 430°F to get lasting curls
- Comfortable soft-grip handles with Extra-long cool tip for efficient handling
- Weight: not too thick, 1.2 pounds approx.
The ideal hair for styling needs a tool to match its quality; thus, we select Hot Tools Professional HT2181 Ceramic Titanium Professional Curling Iron as the best curling iron for standard straight to wavy medium hair.
Commonly, hair curling irons start heating the hair from outside slowly reaching to the center causing dryness and roughness but this curling iron is different! The barrel made of ceramic releases far-infrared heat starting at the center working on hair from inside out preserving the natural moisture of the hair and locks the hair cuticle to make your hair smoother and shinier. Titanium is the best heat conductor that evenly distributes heat to make your curls flawless and last longer. Thus, you will have voluminous curls while keeping your hair healthy and hydrated every single time.
Best for: thick, coarse, dry and curly hair
- 24-hour curl control, even in humidity
- Nanotechnology eliminates hot spots and reduces static and frizz for healthy hair
- Extra-smooth tourmaline ceramic surface for durable and superior performance ensuring sleek and shiny curls
- 400°F highest heat setting for longer-lasting curls and waves
- The Uniform heat recovery maintains a constant temperature at ultra-high heat levels
- 5 precision heat settings to have better control
- Cool tip to conveniently handle the curling iron without burning your fingertips
- Auto shut off after 1 hour
- Has protective heat shield for safe and easy storage
- Weight: 1.5 pounds approximately, not too heavy
- Warranty: 5 years limited warranty
Conair Infiniti Pro Nano Tourmaline Ceramic is the best 1-inch curling iron for thick coarse and curly hair. You have to use a standard professional tool that is powerful enough to give you longer lasting bouncy curls without frying your hair. For this reason, we have selected this Nano Tourmaline Ceramic 1-Inch curling iron by Conair.
The ceramic tourmaline combination eliminates dryness and frizz, and your curls are glossy and smooth like never before. Gets hot in just 30 seconds and maintains even temperature reducing hot spot. The steady heat recovery ensures even heat and gives your hair salon perfect, flawless curls. It has 5-temperature settings for precise heat control going as high as 400°F/205 degrees Celsius. It comes with a limited five years warranty.
Last update on 2021-04-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Other Styling Tools You May Love in 2021
- The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Ultra-Thin hair straightener has a slim design that helps eliminate hand fatigue while increasing styling flexibility. Create pin-straight styles with this fast-performing flat iron.
- High heat levels provide excellent straightening results while Nano Titanium technology protects hair from damage.Heat-resistant ryton housing
- Use this Nano Titanium flat iron to smooth & straighten hair. Can also be used to create loose, beachy waves.
- Nano titanium plates
- Emits negative ions and maximum far-infrared heat for fast, gentle straightening without damaging hair
- Ion Hot rollers brough to you by Calista Tools
- Less time, Less effort/ Short Length Style set
- Body, Wave & Curl
- Every rollers is made with the technology of infrared rays, wave motion and 32 minerals baked into the plastic (not coat in top)