It is the biggest barrel of all. It is best to create volume with it and some gentle wave is achievable on super long to long hair. If you have medium hair, it is best to take a thin section to create large ringlets or spirals. You can’t get kinky corkscrew curls with this barrel.
- It can create a gentle, relaxed wave
- May add a soft bend in or out at the end of the hair for a more polished look
- Can build volume and body for fine hair
The 2-inch curling iron is best suited for extra-long or long hair. You will get loose relaxed fairytale waves or may create volume and body for medium hair. Don’t expect tight curls or ringlets with this barrel size.
Short-haired people should avoid this size. It will not give them any benefit other than volume. However, on short hair, too much volume may look unnatural and cheap.
Our Top Picks
Best for: Straight, silky, fine/thin hair
- Patented Pulse Technology™ for ‘Gets Hot. Stays Hot’ performance
- 24k gold – plated smooth barrel for shiny and glossy curls
- Due to the extra sleek surface of the barrel, hair doesn’t get torn by sticking or snagging
- 85 watts for fast heat up to 430°F or (220°C); Variable heat settings with built-in rheostat control up to 430°F
- Saves the last heat setting in its memory
- Soft-Grip™ textured handle
- Powerful spring clamp, as well as two replacement spring clamps, included
- A heavy-duty long-life heating element
- Foldaway safety stand
- Extra-long cool tip to avoid burning fingertips
- 8-ft. heavy-duty tangle-proof swivel cord for convenience
- Solid-state circuitry ensuring safety
- Weight: 1.5 pounds approx.
- 1-year manufacturer’s limited warranty
Straight, silky, fine/thin hair is hard to curl without heat but it is also extra sensitive and easily gets damaged. Thus, Hot Tools -Supertool 2″ Curling Iron with Multi-Heat Control is the best choice for Straight, silky, fine/thin hair type.
The 24k gold barrel heats up evenly eliminating hot spots and makes the curls shiny and glossy. Start curling as closely as possible to the roots for lasting curls and set the hair with setting spray too. This curling iron gets hot in 60 seconds and stays hot due to its patented technology. The multi-heat settings let you control the heat for your particular needs.
Always read the manual for direction about your specific hair type and use the recommended heat. You may start with the lowest setting and then gradually increase it but you should not go more than 200°F. Silky fine hairs are prone to get damaged, so you need to be extra careful. If there’s no instruction, you may call the helpline of the curling iron. Spring clamps don’t let your silky hair slip away while long tangle-free swivel cord, extra-long cool tip, and comfortable grip help you handle the curling iron better. This fantastic curling iron is available in 8 different sizes to cater to all your styling needs.
Best for: Normal straight to wavy medium hair
- Ceramic and tourmaline combination: Ceramic provides far-infrared heat retaining the natural moisture of the hair while Tourmaline emits negative ions to make hair shinier and smoother
- Patented Pulse Technology is for Getting hot & staying hot performance
- Rheostat heat control up to 430°F to get lasting curls
- Comfortable soft-grip handles with Extra-long cool tip for efficient handling
- 8-ft swivel cord for tangle-free operation for convenience
- Includes two extra easy-to-replace springs just in case the spring gets loose or broke
- Weight: not too heavy, 1.5 pounds approx.
- Manufacturer’s warranty can be requested from customer service
The 2″ CeramicTi® Tourmaline Spring Iron MODEL 2111′ is the best 2-inch curling iron for regular straight to wavy medium hair. Ceramic releases far-infrared heat is preserving the natural moisture of the hair while Tourmaline emits negative ions to lock the hair cuticle to make your hair smoother and shinier. It will give you lasting waves while keeping your hair healthy and hydrated.
Regular straight to wavy hair is neither thick nor thin. For this medium thickness, it is the perfect hair type to try out different styles. However, it doesn’t mean you can be careless. To form lasting curls medium hair needs more heat, but repeated exposure to harsh heat will make your hair dull and lifeless. Thus, to save your hair from becoming dry, rough and frizzy, we suggest the combination of Ceramic and tourmaline.
Best for: Thick, coarse, dry and curly hair
- Super-hot: The range of temperature control starts from 200°F to 500°F or 94°C to 260°C,
- The 24k gold barrel heats up instantly and evenly without hot spot damage
- The curls don’t stick or snag and are smooth and glossy like the barrel itself
- Weight: super light, 1.2 pounds
- The temperature knob is mounted halfway down the cord, and not on the curling iron itself, so it’s less likely to change accidentally the heat setting while handling the curling iron, brilliantly designed
- The clamp glides smoothly and doesn’t grip the hair too tightly to rip hair off
- Cool tip to conveniently handle the curling iron without burning your fingertips
- Built-in safety stand
- 8 -feet swivel cord
- Weight: 1.2 pounds, lightweight
Gold ‘N Hot 24k Gold Coated Professional Spring Iron is the best 2-inch curling iron for thick, coarse dry and curly hair. There is another 24k gold curling iron available in the market, but the reason we have selected Gold N’ Hot is stated in its name! The surface of the barrel is made of 24k gold for even heat distribution, and it gets really hot almost instantly which is what you need to tame down coarse, thick and curly hair. It doesn’t mean you can’t go small if you require to. It has a multi-temperature regulator or shortly MTR, with variable temperatures ranging from 200°F to 500°F or 94°C to 260°C approximately.
To tame the thick, coarse and curly hair, you need some powerful tool. Thus, we selected this curling iron which has a legacy of 25 years behind it. Since its launch more than 25 years ago, Gold ‘N Hot immediately became popular to the salon experts. It still is the no.1 selling brand in the specialized ethnic beauty markets. It simply delivers what you expect, and that is bouncy, shiny and smooth curls in minutes. If your hair is too dry, then you may use hydrating serums but don’t use anything that makes your hair heavy or greasy.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How to use a 2-inch curling iron
To successfully achieve a perfect curly hair day, there are certain things you have to keep in mind, one of which is using a 2-inch curling iron. Best results occur when the hair is curled up at the roots and setting spray is applied afterwards. Most curling irons have a sleek exterior, ensuring an easy-glide feature that prevents hair from getting stuck or tangled and they provide varied heat settings with built-in rheostat control of up to 430°F. If you’re a damsel in a hurry, the optimal setting for a fast heat-up is 85 watts. For some curling irons, you even have the option to retain your preferred heat settings. Perfect for boss babes that are always on the go!
Q: When to use a 2-inch curling iron
Curling irons up to 2” are generally the best choice for silky, fine/thin hair types. Specifically, those curling iron designs with a 24k smooth gold finish on their barrels create the perfect curls and shine. A moderate amount of heat is necessary to make lasting curls, but remember that repeated exposure to harsh heat damages the hair and renders it lifeless. . The silkiness of fine hair makes them susceptible to damage, so be extra careful. Short-haired people should avoid curling irons in this size as it brings no advantage other than to add volume. Too much volume on short hair may appear unnatural to the common eye.
Q: What kind of curls does 2-inch curling iron make?
The 2-inch curling iron is best suited for long or extra-long hair. Typically, you won’t get tight curls or ringlets with this barrel size. Creating volume with a 2-inch curling iron will give super long to long hair the added texture and gentle curls. With medium- length hair, expect more relaxed and loosely-set fairytale waves.
Q: How to curl with a 2-inch curling iron
2-inch curling irons are excellent hair touch-up tools, especially for long and medium-length hair. It is best to wrap the selected section of hair from the top of the hair to avoid getting any burns on the trunk of the hair. A good tip to prevent tangling is to split your hair, curl one section from the right side then do the same on the left. Continue this process until you are done.
Last update on 2021-05-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Other Styling Tools You May Love in 2021
- The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Ultra-Thin hair straightener has a slim design that helps eliminate hand fatigue while increasing styling flexibility. Create pin-straight styles with this fast-performing flat iron.
- High heat levels provide excellent straightening results while Nano Titanium technology protects hair from damage.Heat-resistant ryton housing
- Use this Nano Titanium flat iron to smooth & straighten hair. Can also be used to create loose, beachy waves.
- Nano titanium plates
- Emits negative ions and maximum far-infrared heat for fast, gentle straightening without damaging hair
- Ion Hot rollers brough to you by Calista Tools
- Less time, Less effort/ Short Length Style set
- Body, Wave & Curl
- Every rollers is made with the technology of infrared rays, wave motion and 32 minerals baked into the plastic (not coat in top)