Do you travel frequently? If the answer is YES, then you must often run into the problem of using electrical devices which are having with you, like hair setting tools! Because of different voltage system, they do not work in different foreign countries. That is why you need to use dual voltage supported hair styling tools!
A hairstyle is all about attitude nowadays. To get perfect hair curl all day long ladies now carry around curling irons with them. These portable curling irons provide an additional advantage of getting tipped up at any time. That time may be before going to a party or rushing for back to back meetings.
A common problem that most women face is that they are unable to use their curling iron at foreign land. Owning a dual voltage curling iron can solve that problem.
- What is a dual voltage curling iron?
- Advantages of dual voltage curling irons
- Disadvantages of dual voltage curling iron
- Choose the best Dual Voltage Curling Iron
- Suggested Dual Voltage Curling Iron
What is a dual voltage curling iron?
Many travel gadgets are dual voltage supported so that they can work on both 110-120V and 220-240V. Hair Styling Appliances like electric curling irons that operate on multi-voltage or any voltage are great for travel!
Dual voltage curling irons are great hair styling devices which can be functioned at two or more voltage levels. They support any level of voltage which is available in a location. Sometimes dual voltage supported curling irons do not work in overseas. Different plug-in system/plug outlet is the main reason for that situation. You just need a Plug Adapter (Not Voltage converter) on that time with your dual voltage curling iron. Some common electric plug outlets and voltages according to different countries are like—
Advantages of dual voltage curling irons
Dual voltage curling irons have significant benefits for users. Most of them have features that are user-friendly. They are:
- The biggest advantage is that it can be used anywhere in the world. Since these are dual voltage, it does not need to be connected to a converter. Connecting to an appropriate adapter will work just fine.
- Some of the curling irons are lightly weighted meaning that they are easy to carry while traveling.
- They also tend to be more compact since they are mostly used while traveling.
- These curling irons are effective in use like other curling irons like- they heat up quickly; provide beachy waves and lasting curls and user-friendly. They have an additional feature of being dual voltage.
Disadvantages of dual voltage curling iron
Dual voltage curling irons come with some problems too. Due to different adapter setting system in the various countries, they do not always operate everywhere. There are visible 2/3 pin irregularities. Sometimes, in these cases, a mishap occurs. Irresponsible users of electric appliances run the risk of electric shock, which if exceeds certain limit can cause death too. The users are needed to be educated about their needs and also the usages of dual voltage curling irons. So it’s wiser for users to buy an international plug adapter so that it can be used according to their need.
Choose the best Dual Voltage Curling Iron
While purchasing dual voltage curling iron, be sure that they fit your personal needs. So, be conscious of your need for specific dual voltage curling iron and get your tool.
There is a wide range of dual voltage curling irons available at the market. Most of them have different stylist features enabled by latest technology. Some of them are a bit expensive while some are within the tolerable price range. Before buying a best Dual Voltage Curling Iron, have a glance on some important issues. They are like—
- Product materials
- Barrel size
- Temperature system
- Plug-in system (US/Europe or others)
- Multi-voltage supported or not
Suggested Dual Voltage Curling Iron
Two of the dual voltage curling irons are discussed below along with their noteworthy features:
1. Bed Head Curlipops 1″ Tourmaline Ceramic Tapered Styling Iron
It has worldwide dual voltage facility. Because of this feature, it is most likely to operate everywhere. The dual voltage feature is enabled by connecting the curling iron with the power source through an adapter plug. This curling iron comes with such a system that it easily accommodates with most of the electric systems worldwide and serves the purpose. A converter is not required in this iron.
Some of its aspects are:
- From the name, it is known that the material of the barrel is Tourmaline Ceramic. It is one of the best qualities of barrel material there is.
- It has tapered barrel. The advantage of a tapered barrel is that it provides loose curls on the top and tight curls at the bottom of the hair. Thus, the design is created without effort.
- It is clamp free and therefore the chances of having tangled hair is less.
- It heats up pretty quickly. It is one very significant contribution to the technological revolution. The traditional curling irons used to take up huge an amount of time in heating up and therefore lengthen the entire process. Technology eradicates this delay here.
- The Bed Head Curlipops 1″ Tourmaline Ceramic Tapered Styling Iron provides lasting and natural looking hair curls.
- It has ON/OFF indicator switch and light. The light lightens up at ON.
- This curling iron comes with a heat protective glove. Because of its fast heating process, there can be burned in hand and face. The heat protecting glove prevents that from happening.
- It saves a lot of time in curling.
2. Travel Smart by Conair 1-inch Ceramic Curling Iron
The most noteworthy feature of Conair is it is dual voltage. This attribute allows it to be used at any corner of the world. It is connected with an adapter and in most of the cases becomes ready for use. In some of the cases, if the adapter connection fails, then it might be a problem for users to activate it. Due to differences in socket building systems at different locations, this problem occurs.
Some of its features are:
- This curling iron has a ceramic coated barrel.
- Ceramic barrel allows even heat distribution throughout the curling iron.
- The uniform heat distribution allows for smoothly curling of hair. This particular feature is important because it does not leave crease line on the hair and make the hair look dry and damp.
- The barrel size is 1 inch.
- It has 30 seconds heat up the system. The iron heats up to the desired temperature within 30 seconds of the command.
- An extraordinary feature of the Travel Smart is that it has 30 different heat settings. This feature is useful because every individual has different types of hair. Different hair requires the different temperature to curl. For example, fine hair curls at low temperature and thick hair curls at high temperature. Also, for different hairstyles the need for heat is different.
- A unique feature of this curling iron is that it has uniform heat recovery system that automatically restores the temperature of the barrel.
- It has swivel cord that keeps the cord from tangling. This leads to the reduced amount of hair damage due to hair and cord tangling.
- The Travel Smart by Conair 1-inch Ceramic Curling Iron has an automatic shut-off feature. It shuts down automatically after 10 minutes if the device is not being used.
- This curling iron comes with a heat shield that is placed over the barrel. This heat shield particularly comes in handy when the user is in a hurry and can pack the hot iron wrapping in the shield and put it in the suitcase. The shield ensures that the hot iron does not hamper other objects.
From the above discussion, it is clear that the two dual voltages curling irons emphasize on different factors. The Curlipops has superior barrel material, and the Travel Smart has a significant advantage in case of temperature setting facilities. Both of the curling irons have distinguishable individual features with some common characteristics. According to user experience, I will suggest buying Travel Smart by Conair 1-inch Ceramic Curling Iron.
I will also suggest you buy Ceptics GP-5PK International Travel Worldwide Plug Adapter Set to use curling iron anywhere in the world.