Looking for a curling iron that holds your hairs right in place on the barrel? Then you have come to the right place; there is nothing better than a marcel curling iron to hold hairs in place to produce the most gorgeous looking, professional quality curls and waves.
In this article, we have discussed and suggested some of the best marcel curling irons available in the market that promises to provide you with salon-like curls and waves in different types of hairs without causing any harms and damages to the tresses.
All our recommendations are based on our own research, experience using the Marcel irons as well as interviews and reviews from other users of these curling irons.
Therefore, without further ado, let’s dig in the article to find out more about the best marcel curling irons available in the market:
- A quick overview of the suggested Marcel Curling Irons
- What is a Marcel Curling Iron?
- Difference between a spring curling iron and a marcel curling iron
- Who uses a marcel curling iron?
- How to choose the best marcel curling iron for your hairs?
- Top 6 of our suggested professional marcel curling irons
- 1. HOT TOOLS Professional Ceramic + Tourmaline Marcel Iron/Wand – Winner
- 2. Harry Josh Pro Tools 2-in-1 Ceramic Marcel Curling Iron – Runner Up
- 3. BaByliss Pro™ Porcelain Ceramic™ Marcel Curling Iron – Second Runner Up
- 4. HOT TOOLS Professional 24K Gold Marcel Iron – Winner
- 5. Paul Mitchell Pro Tools Express Gold Curl Marcel – Runner Up
- 6. BaByliss PRO Nano Titanium Marcel Curling Iron – Second Runner Up
- Final Thoughts
A quick overview of the suggested Marcel Curling Irons
Before going into details, here we have discussed very briefly the Marcel curling irons that we have recommended to use on different types of hairs:
|Marcel Curling Iron name||Best for||Materials||Technology||Heat Settings||Barrel Size||Price|
|HOT TOOLS Professional Ceramic + Tourmaline Marcel Iron/Wand||Fine/thin hairs||Ceramic Tourmaline||Ionic technology & Pulse Technology||High and low (with variable heat settings)||4 sizes (¾ inch, 1 inch, 1 ¼ inch, and 1 ½ inch)||Less than $50 Dollars|
|Harry Josh Pro Tools 2-in-1 Ceramic Marcel Curling Iron||Fine/thin hairs||Nano-ceramic & tourmaline||Ionic technology||High and low (with variable heat settings)||2 sizes (1 inch and 1 ¼ inch)||More than $200 Dollars|
|BaByliss Pro™ Porcelain Ceramic™ Marcel Curling Iron||Fine/thin hairs||Porcelain Ceramic||Ionic technology & Infrared emission||High and low (with 30 different heat settings)||3 sizes ( ½ inch, ¾ inch and 1 inch)||More than $50 Dollars|
|HOT TOOLS Professional 24K Gold Marcel Iron||Thick hairs||24K gold||Pulse Technology®||High and low (with variable heat settings)||7 sizes (3/8 inch, 5/8 inch, ½ inch, ¾ inch, 1-inch, 1 ¼ inch, and 1 ½ inch)||Less than $50 Dollars|
|Paul Mitchell Pro Tools Express Gold Curl Marcel||Thick hairs||24K gold||Advanced heating technology||High and low (with variable heat settings)||3 sizes (¾ inch, 1-inch, and 1 ¼ inch)||More than $50 Dollars|
|BaByliss PRO Nano Titanium Marcel Curling Iron||Thick hairs||Nano titanium||Ionic Technology & Infrared emission||High and low (with 50 different heat settings)||3 sizes (¾ inch, 1-inch, and 1 ¼ inch)||Less than $50 Dollars|
What is a Marcel Curling Iron?
Unlike other curling irons and wands, the Marcel curling iron comes with a clamp that is controlled manually by the user; this free-swinging clamp requires the user to open and close it manually for the best styling outcome. As they require manual handling, it is always advised to be used by experienced users and thus, marcel irons are most often used by salon professionals.
Marcel curling irons are considered as the best curling tool for holding the hairs right into place for the perfect, uniform and more versatile curls and waves. You can use these curling irons to style your hairs with big, bouncy curls to short, tight ringlets and lustrous waves,
But remember, if you are a beginner and have little to no experience with curling irons, it’s best that you avoid using a marcel curling iron because, as we have said earlier, Marcel curling irons require practice and experience for the perfect curling job.
Difference between a spring curling iron and a marcel curling iron
As we have discussed earlier that a marcel curling iron comes with a manually operated clamp that is a bit difficult to use and is best advised to be used by professionals. A Marcel iron ensures more styling flexibility and is less likely to leave behind dents on the tresses for more sophisticated curls and waves.
Whereas, a spring curling iron, as the name suggests, comes with a spring mechanism placed on the barrel clamp that helps to hold the hairs tightly to the barrel surface for effortless curling experience. This spring system makes it super easy and comfortable to use the iron because you don’t have to control the clamp manually for creating the perfect curls and waves. Moreover, unlike a marcel curling iron, first time users or people with relatively less experience with curling tools can also use a spring curling iron effortlessly.
Even though both these curling iron types have a different operating system, they both can create extraordinary curls and waves in any type of tresses.
Who uses a marcel curling iron?
Even though Marcel irons can be used by someone like us, mere mortals, it’s always best to leave this special curling tool in the hands of professionals; as this iron barrel doesn’t come with a spring, it’s up to the expert (a hair stylist) to manipulate it as he/she wishes for better control and more versatile styling results. Every expert hair stylist carries a marcel curling iron in their hair styling toolkit because of its ability to create a multitude of curl and wave patterns in your hair locks.
How to choose the best marcel curling iron for your hairs?
Marcel curling irons are mainly for professionals; but if you have the required expertise, you can also use a marcel iron to enjoy professional quality styling results at your home.
Then again, it doesn’t matter if you are a professional or just a regular iron user, before choosing and buying your ultimate marcel curling iron, you should keep in mind about the following aspects in order to achieve the best results from your curling iron:
The Type of your Hairs
The type of your hair is a major factor to consider while choosing a marcel curling iron because every hair type and texture is different and a curling tool that creates fabulous curls in fine hairs might not produce the same results in thick hair locks. Therefore, always determine your hair type before buying a curling iron to enjoy extraordinary curls and avoid hair damage.
We have categorized hair in two major categories: a) Fine/thin hair and b) thick (curly, wavy, Natural or 4c) hairs and discussed the features and components you should look for in a marcel iron for each of this hair types:
Fine/thin hairs are super sensitive and more prone to heat and damage. A relatively high amount of heat can damage your delicate hair locks beyond repair. Therefore, you need a marcel iron that has a low heat setting as well as made from ceramic or ceramic tourmaline materials to successfully curl and wave your thin tresses.
Thick hairs are more sensitive to frizz and tangle and you also need a lot of time to style thick tresses properly. To curl thick hairs quickly with precision and to hold the curls for long period, look for a marcel curler that has a high heat setting and is constructed with either titanium or tourmaline or 24K gold.
The Length of your Hairs
When choosing a marcel curling iron, the length of the hairs also plays a crucial part as the barrel size of the curling tool depends on the length of your hairs.
Normally, we classify hair lengths into a) short hair and b) long hair, and below we have discussed briefly how to choose a marcel iron based on the length of your hairs:
It actually doesn’t matter if you have thin or thick hair locks; if you have short hairs, you should buy a marcel iron with a barrel of diameter 1-inch or less to create different types of curls and waves in your tresses perfectly. A big barrel is not recommended because it won’t be able to hold your short hairs on the barrel properly, let alone style them.
When you have lustrous longs tresses, hair experts suggest you use a marcel iron that comes with a barrel of more than 1-inch diameter or has an extra-long barrel to create every type of curls and waves in your hairs perfectly.
The Technology used in the Marcel Iron
The Technology used in the Marcel iron is also an important factor to consider while choosing one to use on your tresses because not all the technologies are good for every hair type and therefore, you should know in details about the technologies used in a marcel iron to buy the best one according to your hair type.
The most commonly used technologies in a marcel iron are:
Best for both fine/thin and thick hairs, this technology is used in a marcel iron to protect hairs from heat damage as well as to produce silky, smooth curls; the ionic generator in the curling machine releases an adequate amount of negative ions to the hairs to saturate the ionic balance and to lock in the hairs natural moisture for healthy looking, manageable tresses.
Marcel irons meant for thick hairs are advised to incorporate infrared emission technology as the energy from infrared penetrates every hair strands with high heat to curl them from the inside out properly.
Incorporating Pulse Technology in a Marcel curling iron that is meant for thick hairs is very common; a Pulse Technology can quickly diagnose heat loss from the barrel surface and restores the heat in mere seconds to maintain uniform heat throughout the styling process. This innovative technology makes quick curls by cutting down styling time.
The Construction Materials of the Marcel Iron
Don’t underestimate the construction material of the barrel while buying a marcel iron because the wrong material used on the wrong type of hairs can severely burn and damage your precious tresses.
Below we have listed the most commonly used barrel material in a marcel curling iron and the hair type that are suitable for these barrels:
|Barrel Construction Material||Suitable Hair Type|
|Tourmaline ceramic||Fine/thin hairs|
|24K Gold||Thick Hairs|
The Heat settings
As we have mentioned earlier that different hair type requires different heat settings and therefore, before buying your marcel iron look carefully if it comes with the heat settings required for your hair type.
Usually, we classify heat settings into:
- Low: Ranges from 200 degrees to 350 degrees Fahrenheit of heat; Suitable for fine/thin hairs.
- High: Starting from a minimum of 380 degrees Fahrenheit of heat and is best for thick hair locks.
The Size of the Barrels
Marcel iron comes in several different barrel sizes to meet the demand of every hair lengths users. Keep on reading because we have briefly discussed below the barrel sizes, the hair lengths suitable for these barrels and the type of curls and waves these barrels can create in your hairs:
|Barrel Size||Suitable hair length||Type of curls and waves|
|3/8 inch (9.5mm)||Short Hairs||Corkscrew Curls|
|5/8 inch (16.88mm)||Short Hairs||Corkscrew Curls|
|½ inch (12.7mm)||Short Hairs||Springy, tight ringlets|
|¾ inch (19mm)||Short Hairs||Small, tight, vintage curls|
|1-inch (25mm)||Short Hairs||Big curls and beachy waves|
|1 ¼ inch (31.75mm)||Long Hairs||Small curls and soft waves|
|1 ½ inch (38mm)||Long Hairs||Big curls and beach waves|
Top 6 of our suggested professional marcel curling irons
When selecting and shopping for a Marcel curling iron, always keep in mind that not all the tools are meant for every type, textured and lengths of hairs. Different marcel irons come with special features to serve different types of hairs to produce the same type of results. Therefore, we have suggested different professional marcel curling tools according to different hair type. Keep on reading to know further:
Recommended Best professional marcel curling iron for fine/thin hairs
From quite a few professional Marcel curling irons available in the market, we were able to find the best marcel curling irons for fine/thin hairs based on their features as well as our research results.
After vast research and analysis, we have come to the conclusion that a Marcel curling iron must possess the following features in order to style fine/thin hairs properly and effectively:
- Technology: Ionic Technology
- Material: Ceramic, Tourmaline ceramic
- Heat settings: Low heat
- Barrel Size: Depends on the hair length (a) 1-inch or less diameter- Suitable for short hairs b) More than 1-inch diameter- Suitable for long hairs)
But before discussing our best picks in details, let’s see at a glance and compare all the marcel irons we have researched and tried on fine/thin hair locks:
|Must-Have Features||HOT TOOLS Professional Ceramic + Tourmaline Marcel Iron/Wand||Harry Josh Pro Tools 2-in-1 Ceramic Marcel Curling Iron||BaByliss Pro™ Porcelain Ceramic™ Marcel Curling Iron||Helen of Troy 1505 Marcel Curling Iron|
|Technology: ionic||Ionic technology & Pulse Technology||Ionic technology||Ionic technology & Infrared emission||Ionic Technology|
|Material: Ceramic, Tourmaline ceramic||Ceramic Tourmaline||Nano-ceramic & tourmaline||Porcelain Ceramic||Chromium|
|Heat Settings: low||High and low (with variable heat settings)||High and low (with variable heat settings)||igh and low (with 30 heat settings)||High and low (with variable heat settings)|
|Available Barrel Sizes||4 sizes (¾ inch, 1 inch, 1 ¼ inch, and 1 ½ inch)||2 sizes (1 inch and 1 ¼ inch)||3 sizes ( ½ inch, ¾ inch and 1 inch)||1 size ( ¾ inch)|
|Suitable for short to medium hairs: Barrel of 1-inch or less||Yes (available in ¾ inch and 1-inch barrels)||Yes (available in 1-inch barrel)||Yes (available in ½ inch and ¾ inch barrels)||Yes (available in ¾ inch barrel)|
|Suitable for long hairs: Barrel of more than 1-inch||Yes (available in 1 ¼ inch and 1 ½ inch barrels)||Yes (available in 1 ¼ inch barrel)||No||No|
|Price||Less than $50 Dollars||More than $200 Dollars||More than $50 dollars||Less than $50 Dollars|
The reasons for not choosing
Helen of Troy 1505 Marcel Curling Iron
This Helen of Troy is also a cheap marcel curling iron with several different features to meet users styling demands. But, even after having some really praise-worthy qualities, we couldn’t consider this marcel curling tool as one of the best because:
- The barrel of this curling iron is constructed with chromium which is not considered as one of the best material to be used on tresses because chrome can cause severe damage to hairs; chromium barrels release positive ions to the hair locks that doesn’t saturate the ionic balance in the tresses and can result in lack of moisture, frizz and hair breakage.
- As this model comes with only one barrel size, a ¾ inch one, it is not suitable to curl or wave long hairs with absolute perfection.
Our recommended marcel curling irons
1. HOT TOOLS Professional Ceramic + Tourmaline Marcel Iron/Wand – Winner
The stylish, sleek, matte outlook of this HOT TOOLS Professional marcel iron would impress anyone who had once laid eyes on it; but this is not the reason we have picked this tool as our top favorite. This curling iron scored the top position because of its professional quality styling results.
- The Ceramic Tourmaline constructed barrel of this marcel iron has the amazing qualities of both these materials which make it very suitable to curl and wave fine/thin hair locks without causing any damage to the delicate tresses.
- Moreover, this special coating combined with the ionic generator of the machine emits 20x more moisture-locking ions and 6x more negative ions that not only saturate the ions in the hairs but also maintains the nourishment of the scalp for healthy and shiny tresses that doesn’t suffer from frizz and statics.
- In addition to the ionic technology, this marcel iron also features a Pulse Technology that prevents heat loss from the barrel surface and helps to keep the barrel hot throughout the whole styling process.
- Another great feature of this HOT TOOLS curling iron is that it comes in several different sizes for you to choose from according to your fine hair length and the type of curls and waves you want; from a ¾ inch (19mm) to a 1 inch (25.4mm), a 1 ¼ inch (31.75mm) and a 1 ½ inch (38mm), you can pick any one of your preference to style your delicate yet precious tresses.
Some additional features
- The rotating Marcel handle can be removed to use the tool as a curling wand
- Includes a Touch Guard™ protector for safety while using the iron close to neck and face
- The temperature reaches up to 430°F
- Comes with a Rheostat control dial for effortless changing between heat settings
- The machine has a foldaway safety stand for extra convenience
- The Soft Touch handle provides a comfortable, non-slip grip
- This marcel iron is backed up by a One-year warranty
2. Harry Josh Pro Tools 2-in-1 Ceramic Marcel Curling Iron – Runner Up
If you are willing to spend a handsome amount of cash on a professional quality marcel curling iron, then this Harry Josh curling tool is just the tool for you. We have recommended this as an alternate choice only because of its price tag; otherwise this Marcel Curling Iron creates as perfect curls in fine/thin hairs as the HOT TOOLS one.
- This ceramic made curling iron can seamlessly create a variety of curls and waves in your fine tresses by heating up the barrel to a point (maximum 380° F) that doesn’t burn or cause any harm to the delicate hair locks. Plus, the ionic technology incorporated by Harry Josh in this iron protects hairs from frizz and burns by releasing negative ions to the fine/thin tresses that lock in natural moisture for silky, smooth, manageable hairs.
- Moreover, this curling iron comes in two different sized barrels, a 1 inch (25.4mm) and a 1 ¼ inch (31.75mm), that create versatile curls and waves (both tight ringlets and big, voluminous curls and beach waves) in any hair lengths maintaining your hair’s natural body and movement and without causing crimps cramping your perfectly curled hairs.
- Aside from offering single marcel irons, Harry Josh also offers Pro Tools collection set that comes with different hair styling tools and accessories from Harry Josh including a spring curling iron and a Marcel curling iron to provide the users with everything they need for hair styling.
Some additional features:
- Provides fast heat-up to cut down styling time; the machine can reach its highest temperature in just 50 seconds
- Can be used both as a marcel curling iron and a wand
- Comes with a cushioned handle to provide a firm yet comfortable grip
- Includes a heat-resistant glove to ensure the safety of the user
- Harry Josh provides 2-year Limited warranty for this marcel iron to ensure excellent customer service
- Comes in a heat-resistant barrel pouch for easy storage and easy portability
3. BaByliss Pro™ Porcelain Ceramic™ Marcel Curling Iron – Second Runner Up
This Porcelain Ceramic Curling Iron from BaByliss Pro™ scored the second position because this curler doesn’t come in a size that is suitable to curls long hairs; other than this minor gripe, this Marcel Curling Iron comes with several amazing features to impress its users.
- To start with, the barrel of this curling tool is constructed with Porcelain Ceramic which is an excellent material to curl and wave your fine, delicate hair locks. This porcelain ceramic barrel and the energy from the infrared emission produces a gentle heat that is spread evenly throughout the tresses and penetrate each hair shafts to curl hairs inside out without causing any unwanted hot spots or burning them altogether.
- Moreover, the ionic technology that is incorporated in this marcel iron also helps to keep the lustrous curls and waves in your fine/thin hairs nourished, silky and frizz-free by producing a lot of negative ions in the hairs to lock in the moisture as well as protect hairs from heat damage.
- Even though BaByliss doesn’t offer a barrel size suitable for long hairs doesn’t mean that this Porcelain Ceramic marcel iron doesn’t have varieties of barrel sizes; this curling tool comes in different sizes ranging from½ inch (12.7mm), ¾ inch (19mm), and 1-inch (25mm) to create tight ringlets, bouncy big curls and lust-worthy waves in short to medium length fine hairs.
Some additional features
- This curling iron is also available in spring barrel for not-so-experienced users
- The handles have a separate on/off switch for added convenience
- The iron has a maximum heat setting of 430°F for versatility
- This iron comes with a soft, ergonomic handle to ensure a comfortable and non-slip grip
- The extra-long, 8-ft. cord provides an opportunity to move around easily while using the tool
- The swivel end of the cord ensures tangle-free using and storage
- BaByliss Pro™ offers a 3-year Limited warranty on this marcel iron to ensure durability
Recommended Best professional marcel curling iron for thick hairs
A head full of thick hair is an absolute blessing; you have gorgeous volume, you can style your hair as you wish and your style holds up better and longer. But because of their thickness and frizz-prone nature, these hairs need to be treated properly.
When choosing a marcel iron for thick hairs, you have to keep in mind about the barrel material, the heat settings and few other important factors that we have discussed below in details so that you don’t have trouble selecting the best professional marcel iron for your luscious thick tresses.
The important aspects that a marcel curling iron for thick hairs is bound to incorporate are:
- Technology: Ionic Technology, Infrared emission, and Pulse Technology®
- Material: Titanium, tourmaline, and 24K Gold
- Heat settings: High heat
- Barrel Size: Depends on the hair length (a) 1-inch or less diameter- Suitable for short hairs b) More than 1-inch diameter- Suitable for long hairs)
But before that, you must see a few of the marcel curling tools we have used, and understand why we have chosen the recommended ones as our best pick marcel tool for thick hairs:
|Must-Have Features||HOT TOOLS Professional 24K Gold Marcel Iron||Paul Mitchell Pro Tools Express Gold Curl Marcel||BaByliss PRO Nano Titanium Marcel Curling Iron||Gold 'N Hot Professional Marcel Curling Iron|
|Technology: Ionic, infrared emission, Pulse Technology®||Pulse Technology®||Advanced heating technology||Ionic & Infrared emission||No|
|Material: Titanium, tourmaline, 24K Gold||24k Gold||24k Gold||Nano Titanium||24k Gold|
|Heat Settings: High||High and low (with variable heat settings)||High and low (with variable heat settings)||High and low (with 50 heat settings)||High and low (with variable heat settings)|
|Available Barrel Sizes||7 sizes ( 3/8 inch, 5/8 inch, ½ inch, ¾ inch, 1-inch, 1 ¼ inch, and 1 ½ inch)||3 sizes (¾ inch, 1-inch, and 1 ¼ inch)||3 sizes (¾ inch, 1-inch, and 1 ¼ inch)||4 sizes (5/8 inch, ½ inch, ¾ inch, and 1-inch)|
|Suitable for short to medium hairs: Barrel of 1-inch or less||Yes (available in 3/8 inch, 5/8 inch, ½ inch, ¾ inch, and 1-inch barrels)||Yes (available in ¾ inch, and 1-inch barrels)||Yes (available in ¾ inch, and 1-inch barrels)||Yes (available in 5/8 inch, ½ inch, ¾ inch, and 1-inch barrels)|
|Suitable for long hairs: Barrel of more than 1-inch||Yes (available, 1 ¼ inch, and 1 ½ inch barrels)||Yes (available in 1 ¼ inch barrel)||Yes (available in 1 ¼ inch barrel)||No|
|Price||Less than $50 Dollars||More than $50 Dollars||Less than $50 Dollars||Less than $50 Dollars|
The reasons for not choosing
Gold ‘N Hot Professional Marcel Curling Iron
This Gold ‘N Hot Professional tool comes with more than a few extraordinary features that not only creates fabulous curls in thick hairs but at the same time also comes at a budget-friendly price tag. But, even after being an excellent curling tool, this marcel tool didn’t secure a place in our “Bests list because:
- This curling iron doesn’t come with either an ionic technology, infrared emission or a Pulse technology for fast heat-up and also to protect the hair lock from a high amount of heat.
- Even though Gold ‘N Hot offers 4 different sizes of this professional marcel iron, none of them is suitable for creating curls and waves in thick long tresses.
- At 1 pound, this curling tool is quite heavy in weight and therefore, might cause users’ tiredness while using it for a long time.
Our recommended marcel curling irons
4. HOT TOOLS Professional 24K Gold Marcel Iron – Winner
HOT TOOLS is known for manufacturing excellent, professional grade curling irons and that’s why it again scored the top position in our list; the Professional 24K Gold Marcel Iron comes with all the features and components that we look for in a professional quality curling iron for thick hair locks.
- The barrel of this marcel iron is made from 24K Gold with tiny gold particles that enhance hair follicles and helps to reduce hair fall to an extent. Moreover, gold is an excellent material to adopt a high heat in the shortest possible time and also remains hot for the longest time. To add more, gold barrels are super long-lasting and hence you can use this marcel iron for years to come.
- In addition to the high heat adapted gold barrel, this curling tool for thick tresses also incorporates a revolutionary Pulse Technology that ensures to maintain the high heat of the barrel throughout the curling process so that the styling time is cut down by several minutes and you can also enjoy uniform curls and waves.
- The different barrel size of this Professional Marcel iron is also an amazing feature that is worth mentioning; HOT TOOLS offers several different sized barrels for this curling tool ranging from 3/8 inch (9.5mm), 5/8 inch (16.88mm), ½ inch (12.7mm), ¾ inch (19mm), 1-inch (25mm), 1 ¼ inch (31.75mm) and a 1 ½ inch (38mm) one so that you can create versatile curls and waves, from corkscrew to tight ringlets to big, bouncy curls and beachy waves, in all hair lengths.
Some additional features
- The temperature can reach up to 430°F to curl thick hairs effortlessly
- Includes a Touch Guard™ protector for the safety of the neck and face from high heat
- The Rheostat control dial helps to choose between various heat settings effectively and easily
- Comes with an “On” indicator light for additional safety measures
- At 9.6 ounces, this curling tool is lightweight and extremely easy and comfortable to maneuver
- This Marcel iron is backed up by a One-year warranty period
- The Foldaway safety stand provides extra convenience to the users
5. Paul Mitchell Pro Tools Express Gold Curl Marcel – Runner Up
We have selected this Paul Mitchell curling iron as our alternate preference because of the price point; even though this marcel iron is a bit high priced than our top preference one, it delivers excellent curling and styling results in thick hair locks.
- Like HOT TOOLS marcel iron, this Paul Mitchell Pro Tools Express curling tool also comes with a gold barrel that has high heat capacity yet it doesn’t burn your precious thick tresses. This gold barrel combined with the advanced hating technology of the tool can reach up to 430°F in less than 1-minute to curl thick hairs properly from inside out as well as decrease the curling time by several minutes.
- Moreover, the gold surface of this curling tool barrel distributes heat evenly in each hair strand to make sure that you have consistent, long-lasting curls in your thick tresses. Also, the tiny gold particles ensure that the hair follicles are enhanced and the hair becomes silky and smooth as you have always wanted.
- In addition to such amazing features, Paul Mitchell also made sure that people with every hair length find a barrel size of this Express marcel curling iron by introducing 3 different sized barrels, a ¾ inch (19mm), a 1-inch (25mm), and a 1 ¼ inch (31.75mm) barrel ensures that you can create different types of curls and waves effortlessly in both long and short thick tresses.
Some additional features
- Comes with a locking and rotating handle for ease of use
- The 9-foot professional-length swivel cord ensures freedom of movement of the user
- Includes a durable safety stand for safe and secure usage
- Comes with a locking temperature control dial for super safe operation
- The ergonomic handle provides a comfortable yet firm, non-slip grip
- Paul Mitchell provides 1-year warranty from date of purchase
- Comes with an instruction guide for convenient using of the curling iron
6. BaByliss PRO Nano Titanium Marcel Curling Iron – Second Runner Up
BaByliss PRO is known for producing excellent quality curling irons, both spring, and marcel. This Nano Titanium marcel iron ended up being our second choice only because of its weight; at 1 Pound, this curling iron is quite heavyweight than our top favorite tools and might cause slight discomfort to the users. Other than this very minor gripe, this marcel tool possesses some outstanding features that surely create extraordinary curls and waves in thick hairs locks.
- To start with, the barrel of this curling tool is made from Nano titanium which is a great material to adopt high heat and also maintains stability for a long period of time. A titanium barrel can heat up to 450°F in less than a minute to curl thick hairs quickly and effortlessly without causing any heat damage or hot spots to the hairs; the ionic technology adopted by BaByliss disperses plenty of negative ions to the tresses to protect hairs and keeps them super hydrated by sealing in moisture and natural essential hair oils in the cuticles.
- In addition to the ionic technology, this marcel curling iron also incorporates infrared emission that emits infrared energy to your thick tresses that penetrate each hair shafts to curl them properly from the inside for long-lasting, lustrous curls and waves.
- Moreover, this BaByliss PRO curling iron also has a Sol-Gel technology makes this iron barrel 37% stronger and 22% smoother than any other standard curling tool so that you can use this marcel iron for years to come.
Some additional features
- Available in ¾ inch (19mm), 1-inch (25mm), and 1 ¼ inch (31.75mm) barrel sizes for versatile curls
- Titanium is a strong, long-lasting material and hence, ensures super durability of the curling iron
- Comes with a Turbo heat button to instantly boost the heat level
- Includes a dial switch that makes it effortless to change between heat settings
- The ergonomic handle provides a strong and firm grip of the machine for better security
- The 8-foot tangle-free swivel cord ensures easy movement of the users
The professional marcel curling irons that we have recommended and discussed above are all best in creating extraordinary curls and waves in their respective hair types and will definitely provide you with professional quality results. These marcel irons deliver all the features and services that they have promised and even more to make your curling experience more effortless as well as safe and secure.