Cheers! You have the naturally glossy shine that everyone envies! However, the naturally straight hair is not as straight as the flat-ironed hair so don’t get confused if you have slight bends here and there. You can carry the clean and classy look like Mila Kunis and Angelina Jolie or flaunt the diva look like Jennifer Lopez or Drew Barrymore.
Also, the word ‘thin’ is not referring to the density but used here as the opposite of thick/coarse hair. It is referred to the thickness or the diameter of your hair, so even if you have a lot of hair, still you may belong to the fine/thin group. Given below are some of the styles that will suit you the best depending on the length of your hair.
Our Top Pick
Hot Tools Professional 1181 Curling Iron
Without heat, it’s nearly impossible to create any style on straight, silky, fine/thin hair but it’s also very sensitive and prone to damage. Thus, we selected a 24 k gold barrel which heats up quickly, evenly and consistently eliminating hot spots. The result is visible long-lasting bouncy curls without damage.
Since it’s designed for professionals, you can depend on its quality. It heats up fast but doesn’t fry your delicate locks. Start curling at the roots as firmly as possible for long-lasting curls and spray the curls with setting spray too. The 25 multi-heat settings let you control the heat.
It’s safe to start with the lowest setting and then gradually go up but for straight silky fine/thin hair, you should not have to go more than 200°F. Spring clamps of this curling iron don’t let your silky hair slip away while long tangle-free swivel cord, extra-long cool tip, and comfortable grip help you handle the curling iron better. This fantastic curling iron is available in many different sizes to cater to all your styling needs. Depending on your length of hair we have given three particular hairstyle charts.
Specific barrel size and style chart for Straight, silky, fine/ thin hair
This following style chart is exclusively made for Straight, silky, fine/thin hair. If this is not your hair type, please don’t follow this.
- Short, Medium and Long Hair must use different curling irons to achieve the same hairstyle thus, please follow the table according to your hair length. People with shorter hair should use smaller barrels or big barrels with a smaller section for noticeable hairstyles.
- You must section your hair as uniformly as possible for a polished look. How big or small the hair sections should be will depend on the length of your hair as well as on the barrel size you are using.
- Although every rule has exceptions generally, the bigger the barrel is, the thinner the section of hair should be, especially for visible effect on short hair. However, in the end, it’s all about how you want to look so feel free to make thinner or wider section if you think it will suit you better. If you are still confused about how big or small the section of hair should be taken to an individual style, please check the style and measurement chart below where we have given a specific width of the section of hair for traditional styles in the following manner.
- (big) section = the width of the hair section should be 2” approx.”
- (Medium) section = 1.5” approx.
- (Normal) section = 1” Inch
- (Small) Section = ¾” Inch, approx. bigger than half but smaller than 1”
- (Thin) section = ½” Inch approx
Click on your hairstyle below to open the style and measurement style:
Other Styling Tools You May Love in 2021
- The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Ultra-Thin hair straightener has a slim design that helps eliminate hand fatigue while increasing styling flexibility. Create pin-straight styles with this fast-performing flat iron.
- High heat levels provide excellent straightening results while Nano Titanium technology protects hair from damage.
- Use this Nano Titanium flat iron to smooth & straighten hair. Can also be used to create loose, beachy waves.
- Nano titanium plates
- Emits negative ions and maximum far-infrared heat for fast, gentle straightening without damaging hair
- Ion Hot rollers brough to you by Calista Tools
- Less time, Less effort/ Short Length Style set
- Body, Wave & Curl
- Every rollers is made with the technology of infrared rays, wave motion and 32 minerals baked into the plastic (not coat in top)
How to Style Your Hair
Are you facing these problems daily?
- Your hair lacks the volume, primarily flat on the crown
- Hair gets greasy quickly, so you need to wash hair more frequently
- Curls don’t last long especially on second-day hair
Based on this, this is the best way to style your hair:
1. Products: Avoid products that weigh down your hair or cause product build-up and greasiness in the first place. If you need to wash your hair frequently always use a clear, sulfate-free, non-creamy, conditioner free, all-natural shampoo specially made for beautiful hair. Pick light shampoo suitable for daily/frequent wash and which says volumizing on the label. You may use dry shampoo as well. With the right kind of products specifically made for your hair type, you can control the oiliness.
2. Styling tools: Don’t compromise when it comes to styling tools. Please get yourself a hair curling iron depending on your hair type and not because it works on your best friend. Also, avoid using your mother’s worn-out ones. The curling iron that will give you long-lasting, stunning, damage-free hairstyles for your straight hair type is given in the tables above.
Tips and tricks
- As you have straight silky fine hair, this following trick is mandatory no matter what style you want to create. Always go with one size smaller barrel than the actual look you want. Thus to achieve voluminous curls when others may use a 1.5-inch barrel you should go with 1.25-inch barrel size. You can even use 1 inch if you take a bigger section of hair. Thus, take a smaller section when using big barrels and bigger sections when using smaller barrels.
- Shake your head a few times if you want voluminous natural waves. Your fine roots and natural silkiness will let the tighter curl loose shape into bigger and looser waves automatically.
- Use setting spray now so it doesn’t lose shape anymore. If you don’t shake your head and spray it immediately right after curling, the curls may look a little unnatural and stiff. However, if you want well defined tight vintage curls, then you may spray as soon as you are done curling. It’s all about what you want in the end
- If you go with a bigger barrel size, to begin with, you will end up with plain flat hair in minutes.
- Do not use hairspray on the section of hair before you curl it. Aerosol products such as hairspray should never be heated and it may damage your hair as well as the surface of the curling iron. It may make your hair stick to the surface of the barrel and snag too.
- Resist touching and re-positioning curls once you have sprayed it with hairspray for polished long-lasting hairstyle
Last update on 2021-01-26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API